Hart Lift Resources
The Hartford Chamber of Commerce serves to support our business community. We’re committed to making our city a place where businesses can thrive. Property owners can leverage all the resources and tools Hart Lift has to offer right here. Connecting you to potential organizations like the Chamber and Metro Hartford Alliance.
What is Hart Lift?
Through the newly created Hart Lift program, the Hartford Chamber is directing up to $6,000,000 of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to property owners throughout the City of Hartford who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds must be fully distributed by December 31, 2024.
Hart Lift’s intent is to provide property owners with funds to help incentivize small businesses to lease their vacant spaces and provide a much-needed economic boost in our downtown and neighborhood commercial corridors. View the downtown boundaries here.
Dedicated Partners & Supporters
At Hartlift we fostered relationships with local businesses so you can reach out to any partner below for a verified personal collaboration. From Insurance services to brand marketing, you can start leveraging connections today!
Supporters by Industry
Grant funding is available to property owners (e.g., not delinquent on real or personal property taxes)
- in good standing located in the City of Hartford
- with vacant or unleased ground floor retail space
- with existing tenant with a lease of at least 3 years
- negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Grants provided can only be used for buildout costs of new or existing ground floor spaces in Hartford
- Property owners with vacant storefront are eligible for a grant of $50 per square foot, up to $150,000
- Any grant awarded to property owners in the designated downtown area must be matched at 100% by the owner of the property, the proprietor, or a combination of both parties
- Grants received by property owners outside of the downtown area must be matched at 50% by the owner of the property, the proprietor, or a combination of both parties
- Property owners with multiple vacant storefronts can apply for a grant for each empty property
Vacant Storefront Property Owner
Those who own vacant storefront properties can use the link below to fill out a pre-application
Current or Future Business Owner
Current or future business owners seeking a space in Hartford can use the link below to fill out an inquiry form